Monday, February 23, 2009

Narrative

Never thought you could possibly relate the stages of life to the changes in the seasons. If I were to relate my life to the seasons at this point in time, it would kind of fall under summer. I World say summer because I find myself independent, my educational process, and also because of my maturity level.
Independent, something many Americans my age find hard to become. I am currently working which enables me to provide several things for myself so that I am not dependent upon others. Another way I find myself independent is by traveling alone. For instance in the summer I visit the library located on 19th and vine to read books, but not to long before the bell rings 10 minutes before closing.
My educational process also defines why I am in my summer. Transforming from middle school to high school is a great change. These years happen to be the most important years in life. It’s a time where you have to make decisions that will reflect upon your future. You may want to make good decisions with whom you hang with. Try to find people who you have things in common with. Plan on going to collage? Find others who also plan on going to collage.
When reading the story Marigolds Lizabeth, the main character became mature when she heard he father crying and she said, “I did not know men ever cried.” At this point in the story Lizabeth realizes, that men actually cries, which kind of puzzles her. I find this as a step to maturity. Realizing that hopefully within the next two years I will be completing high school. It’s time to prepare for the real world. Some ways I do this is by becoming aware of the people I hang with, and the why in which they affect me.
After reading Marigolds I can relate to Lizabeth`s transformation from spring to summer. Jackie Joyner-Kensec once said, “It is better to look ahead and prepare than to look back and regret”. By becoming independent and also growing educationally which allows be to become mature this statement means a lot to me. Once you’ve done something you cant go back and change it you just have to leave it as is and make sure you don’t make the same mistake again. Have you ever heard the phrase “the first impression is always the last impression”? This is also a similar quote that awakens you to maturity.

No comments: